TIGER SHRIMP IN GARLIC GINGER SOY SAUCE
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoons ginger (minced)
1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
Shrimp (deveined, rinsed and dried)
1 tablespoon of chinese cooking wine
4 tablespoons of soy sauce
½ tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of shadon beni (garnish)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add tiger prawns and stir to coat with oil. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure even cooking on all sides.
- Stir in cooking wine and continue to stir for 15 seconds. Stir in soy sauce and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sugar, pepper (optional) and water. Turn heat to high, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low, give the prawns a final stir, ensuring that the sauce is coating prawns completely. Remove from heat. (Note: prawns will be done once they are evenly coloured and have shrunk in size but are no longer getting smaller).
- Serve with some cilantro on top.