TORTELLINI SOUP WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND KALE
1 lb Mild Italian Sausage, Ground
6 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 can of crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp salt
1 bunch of kale (remove stems)
1 bag tortellini
1 cup of heavy cream
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, onions and garlic to the pot and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. (Drain off any excessive fat.)
- Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Whisk until tomato paste is fully incorporated.
- Bring to a boil, season with salt then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale, tortellini and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the kale is wilted and the pasta is tender.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.